Saturday, May 29, 2010

A Lonely Newlywed

Welp, I've gone and done it. Started a blog. Life as a Marine Corps wife has already taken me far from friends and family and I think this will be a way to help stay in touch and connected.

On May 8 of this year I married the love of my life, Scott.

On May 26, Scott left for his first deployment, Afghanistan.
Lame? yes. Not fair? correct. Upsetting? very.

There's nothing I can do other than accept that deployments will be part of my married life. It certainly isn't what I dreamed of as a little girl, but I am beyond proud, honored, and humbled to be married to a man who has chosen to serve his country.

Here are a few more pictures from the wedding to lift my spirits as of now.


Scott and his Sword Arch guys
My Bridesmaids and I before the Ceremony
My nails, shoes, and flowers of course had to be PINK, my favorite color
My Dad walking me down the aisle, a very special moment I will never forget
Marine Corps Traditional Sword Arch... Welcome to the FAMILY
My husband is a FANTASTIC dancer
Myself and some of my sorority sisters, I felt so blessed that so many could share in the day

No comments:

Post a Comment