Friday, September 23, 2011

blogging is way cheaper than scrapbooking

Well, obviously a lot has gone on in the last... oh... 9+ months since I've blogged!

We are are moving out of our house here in North Carolina in less than a week! My husband is retiring from the Marine Corps after 4 years of active duty. It is certainly bittersweet. I have absolutely loved and cherished being a Marine Wife. Not only do I find it so admirable what my husband has sacrificed to serve our country, but I also love the sense of community and many friendships that the military has provided us. It will be a huge adjustment to transition into the civilian world. I have never known Scott to be anything other than a Marine.

He has accepted a job with amazon.com and will be working out of our hometown in Ohio. This means we will be moving back and living close to both sets of parents! We are both thrilled to be able to spend more time with our families. We are both very excited to begin this new stage in our lives. It is also very scary! Like I said, there is NOTHING that compares to the community of military families, and I know it will be a challenge to find friends like the ones we have made here.

Since I have missed out on quite a few blogging opportunities over the last few months, I am thinking I am going to write up some quick highlight posts to celebrate our memories here in NC. I have realized, that recording our the special moments in life is very important to me, and at least for now, blogging is way cheaper than scrapbooking.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Katie! A lot has happened since I left! I figured Scott was getting out, but I didn't know it was happening so quickly. I'm sure you are totally overwhelmed with packing right now, but I'd love to chat at some point and really catch up. It will be an adjustment, but you two will be FINE. And really, who wouldn't want to be friends with you? BTW, since I've made my blog private, it doesn't come up in news feeds anymore. I don't know why that is, but there isn't any way to change it.

    ReplyDelete